The Charles Tillman Cornerstone Foundation has five signature programs:
- Charles' Locker--enriches the lives of chronically and critically ill children by providing them and their families with access to iPads, notebook computers, DVD players, portable Play Station game systems, and other electronic handheld games, to pass the time during recovery and treatment.
In December of 2009, two of Charles' Lockers were launched at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago. These lockers are expected to impact the lives of nearly 130,000 ill children each year.
In the fall of 2010, Charles launched a locker on the pediatric floor at Ronald McDonald’s Children’s Hospital of Loyola University Medical Center. This locker is expected to service nearly 85,100 chronically and critically ill children and their families each year.
In the summer of 2011, Charles launched his fourth locker at Advocate Hope Children’s Hospital which touches the lives of more than 20,000 children and their families each year. Advocate Hope is a specialty hospital located in Oak Lawn, Illinois that provides extraordinary medical expertise in a child-centered environment. It is also home to The Heart Institute for Children (THIC) which is the largest pediatric cardiology program in the United States.
In March 2012, Charles launched his 5th locker at Rush Children's Hospital reaching more than 55,000 children and their families each year.
In October 2012, Charles launched a locker at Ft. Hood Medical Center providing those much needed electronics and games to wounded warriors and their families. This locker is expected to touch the lives of nearly 80,000 patients and their families each year.
- Field of Dreams--this program provides chronically and critically ill children and their families with magical memories by fulfilling sports-related wishes. Throughout the year, we offer unique opportunities including tickets to the Bears game.
- Holiday Celebration--Each December, Charles, his wife, Jackie, and a few of Santa's elves visit Chicago-area hospitals to pass out gifts, visit with families and partake in hospital activities, like bingo, to help spread holiday cheer.
- TendHER Heart Luncheon--Each spring more than 150 mothers of critically and chronically ill children are invited to attend a special brunch, honoring them for the sacrifices they make in caring for their ill child. The brunch will provide these women with the opportunity to "take a minute" for themselves and enjoy each other's company and support.
- Tiana Fund--The Tiana Fund program provides assistance to economically at-risk persons or families in-need that will strengthen their ability to care for themselves, enhance their stability and security, and improve their quality of life or their ability to contribute to the community. Applications are only available at Chicago-area hospitals or pre-approved community organizations